Cox customers impacted in affected areas of a state of emergency declared by the California Governor’s Office or by the President of the United States are eligible to receive disaster relief protections pursuant to CPUC Decision 19-08-025. Emergency customer protections shall become effective when a disaster has caused a loss/disruption or degradation to a utility’s service.
The following Emergency Customer Protections will be provided to impacted Cox residential telephone customers:
- Waiver of one‑time activation fee for establishing remote call forwarding, remote access to call forwarding, call forwarding features and messaging services;
- Waiver of the monthly rate for one month for remote call forwarding, remote access to call forwarding, call forwarding, call forwarding features, and messaging services;
- Waiver of the service charge for installation of service at the temporary or new permanent location of the customer and again when the customer moves back to the premises;
- Waiver of the fee for one jack and associated wiring at the temporary location regardless of whether the customer has an Inside Wire Plan;
- Waiver of the fee for up to five free jacks and associated wiring for Inside Wiring Plan customers upon their return to their permanent location;
- Waiver of the fee for one jack and associated wiring for non‑Inside Wiring Plan customers upon their return to their permanent location.
Printable PDF Versions: